Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Humility: 2

Many people have called saying they have found those loose screws I seem to have been leaving as I walk about.

My definition of Humility is not well received. Well, if it isn't the way I told it, what is it? By stopping the recycling of everything around the self, you are not left alone; you are left in the presence of God. Q.E.D.
The loss of self where the Holy immediately picks up the baton - as it were - is a blessing.  

"It's a gift to be simple, it's a gift to be free."

I point out that I am not talking here about those people who have been beaten so greatly and so often that they lose their sense of selfhood. I'm not sure what the therapy is here. Let's see how the Israeli-Palestinian conflict plays out over the next 60 years and check back.

No comments: