Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Danger of Parallels to Fascism

Sometimes I'm actually glad that no one reads my blog. I especially feel that way when I am compelled to say things I find hurtful. Well, here goes... The present administration has seen parallels or equivalencies between certain Islamic groups today and fascists of the past. ( Actually, the President said "...fascists...and communists..." in his speech the other day so...it's like a multiple choice apparently). Now today I read: "The _____ authorities seized a large number of Hamas MPs and officials after militants linked to Hamas captured a soldier and killed two others. " This is from the BBC. I blanked out the name of the country. It is a very unfortunate fact of the reality of WW II that certain fascists believed that one of their soldiers was worth multiples of other groups of people. If one of their soldiers was killed, then 12 of the "others" were to be killed or whatever the golden ratio was at the time. Apologies all around.

No comments: