Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Desert Isle Game: Gitmo vs. Abu Ghraib

At the risk of getting something I'm not really asking for, I set forth the following: "If you absolutely had to be interred in a prison, would you rather be interred in Gitmo or Abu Ghraib?" Or, making the choice more realistic: "If you had to be marooned on a desert island and there were two desert islands next to each other (??!) , on one of which was Gitmo and on the other was Abu Ghraib, which island would you prefer to inhabit?" We could add things like "undisclosed CIA holding areas" in various places. Which band would you like to have blared at you 24/7 ? I saw Bill O'Reilly the other night doing an inspired bit on the Red Hot Chili Peppers as a torture device. It was quite good. I think I may have misunderstood Mr. O'Reilly. He may be better than Jon Stewart. I think I would like Kay Keyser's band. I could imagine some of the mad-cap B movies Mr. Keyser was in in the good old days. What about Sinatra? How come the CIA doesn't use Sinatra's songs as an instrument of torture? Would it be considered blasphemous? How would Bill O'reilly handle that one? I mean to say, Mr. Bill couldn't really sit up there and chortle and chuckle about the Chairman of the Board, could he? Interesting... Kate Smith comes to mind...she was too motherly and patriotic. Leadfoot? Bearbreath? Too Fat for Lotta? All great music. O.K. New game: "Which singer's songs would be considered an instrument of torture if delivered at your cranium 24/7?" Or, "If you marooned on a desert island with a sound system that had an inexhaustible source of power and could not be switched off and was playing music, whose music would be the most pernicious?" I think the winning singer would be the one with the least recordings, variety in this case being truly the spice of life.

No comments: