Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Profile

My daughter has suggested I render a more complete profile. My nephews scoff at the idea. Both sides are in agreement that a personal photo is definitely out of the question-unless its one from about 30 years ago when people still wore top hats and had mutton chop sideburns. All of my present day photos look like DMV photos or Costco photos or any photo taken by contrarian paparazzi who seek out the most unflattering angle and use it. Perhaps I am coming out of my Winston Smith period. Perhaps it is time to be O'Brien. I like the Celtic flavor of the name. I fancy I am the ancient Celtic civilization, torn by storms of nature and empire and barbarians, my back against the wind swept sea, a bulwark for an exotic faith standing in the face of paganism. Cool. However, I have wanted to be Montag for a long time also, ever since Fahrenheit 451. I couldn't get it at e-bay for the longest time. I could not get Sonntag either, since Susan Sonntag already had dibs on it. That left Dienstag, Thorstag, Freitag, and Samtag, none of which appealed to me. Oh, Mittwoch was also available. Obviously out of the running. My nephews liked Mittwoch. They suggested Mittwoch von Blatherstein as a possibility.

No comments: