Search This Blog

Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving

I have a lot to be thankful for. 1) there are health problems, but so far so good. 2) we do not live in Anbar province 3) we do not have any debt 4) the country may get its head out of its...sand after the recent election 5) we do not live in Falluja ... and so on. I could probably go on for quite a while. It's hard to gauge the Thanksgiving crowd sometimes. My mother has reports of nieces and nephews being spotted coming in on NORAD with great, hungry appetites. Then the radar blips just disappear in a haze of "other plans" or "a better offer". My elder brother was in, then out. This means I need not replenish the stock of products distilled from potatoes in Poland. My younger brother may receive an offer from the County today to kindly accept its hospitality for the Thanksgiving feast, as well as a few more months of dinners. It's hard to tell how many will be there. The number doesn't matter. Just be somewhere where there's love.

No comments: