Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V Day 2007

I have produced my Valentine for today, V day, 2007. I have also seen a picture of Muqtada As Sadr with dirty, stained teeth. Then, I read an article about how Muslims should not celebrate V day. This was written by an aged Pakistani guy. I sympathize. Poor old crab. I totally agree with him about Sweetest Day, a holiday I go out of my way to ignore.

does the heart know its own color? does it know it beats? does the desert eagle know its young? or offer its neck as their ransom? does the lion know its mate? or feel the fire of her faith? does my smallness know its magnitude in the eyes of my beloved?
painting: Ismail Fattah

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Poem and wonderful painting, suttle and soft, I will say it is a whisper that echo for eternity .

Iraqi Mojo said...

Nice artwork and painting. Did i see that painting or something similar on an Arab woman blues?

Iraqi Mojo said...

Sorry I meant nice poetry and artwork, damn.

Montag said...

Thank you, Mu'allimaat!
(both learned women of obviously good taste.)

As to the picture, yes, I did indeed swipe it from an Arab lady.
She did not seem to be using it at the time, so I grabbed it and ran!

I had an attribution of source pointing to her blog, but it seems to have been lost in translation.

I would try to explain to her, but I seem to recall that she has a temper.
Let it simmer for a while, and I shall take care of it.

Iraqi Mojo said...

>She did not seem to be using it at the time, so I grabbed it and ran!

lol nice sense of humor, i like it.
As for Layla, do you blame her if she has a temper?

Montag said...

I have often found that people with unusual insight tend to be angry. They are irritated because they can see what's going on, while the rest of us ninnies blithely wander about.