Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Inquiring Minds Need To Know...

A rabid anti-fan of my blog, a professor of philosophy no less...and no more...took issue with my naming the blog " A Father Talks With His Daughter About God" and then going off on numerous tangents having nothing to do with the divine. So I said, in my poor imitation of Socrates, do you mean that I say I'm going to talk about God, then I talk about other things?
"Yeah. You're really quick on the uptake today", he sneered.

I replied that in his blog he purports to talk of non-divine things and never himself says anything about God. He allows his flunkies and commenting-minions to growl and snarl about God and how wonderful atheism is, but he himself says nothing.
So I say I'll talk about God and diverge into other things. He talks about other things and NEVER detours to the Holy. For me, God is not set apart in time (only on Sunday) or place (only in the Church).
I will talk about politics and the economy and without missing a beat will speak about the love of God. God does not embarass me. I'll talk about Him anytime. And I'll talk about Him the same way I talk about anything else. I do not withdraw into some arcane Bible-speak to talk about God. Anyway, my best friend makes fun of this blog. He says it's "blah...blah...blah...blah...The HOLY...blah...blah...blah..." It's good that I think I have a sense of humour.
--

No comments: