Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Is Christ Your Savior?

I refer to the recent posting: http://fatherdaughtertalk.blogspot.com/2007/06/talking-about-divinity-1.html wherein I pretty much lost a potential friend because I would not play what I considered his logical games about God.

This person asked me first: are you a believer?
So I said yes.
This was not quite enough.

Perhaps he thought that I should go into a song-and-dance routine. So he then asked: is Jesus your Savior? And I refused to answer. I said: guess. I indicated it was none of his business. I do not make a habit of going about answering a battery of questions. I do not believe that the way to God is through discussion. Although I talk about God, I do not think my words are those of a teacher. Nor did I think my friend's were. I consider them to be a method of compulsion, whereby certain people barrage you with questions and quote scripture with such precision that they leave you feeling - and THIS is their actual intention - feeling insecure and inadequate. It is an abuse.
Paul writes, "For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying nor the matters about which they make confident assertions."

I told him the story I have told you: when I felt as if everything I ever knew about God had disappeared, there He was. Christ died to free me, thus I am free. I am particularly free of those who wish me to speak...Say something...Say whether Jesus is your Savior !!!!!!!!!!!!
I am free of their compulsion. I am free from the prison of words and fruitless discussion they wish to weave about Absolute Truth and the Idolatry of their imaginations.
I cannot run a scam and get on the right side of God. I cannot promise anything. I cannot promise to be good, especially in return for some benefit. Jesus died. I am free. That's all there is to it. If I do good works, I do not do them to honor God or try to get on God's good side or to be buddies with God or to be nice to God the Father. If I do good, it is my personal history showing how I have listened to God. I am lucky to have done something good. I have tried to listen to what He says, but what He says are no longer directives and order and the Law. Christ died.

The Law is gone by. I am free. I listen to God. Most everyone else listens to their own voices, their own memories of what they've been taught or had beaten into them, their own desires, their own lusts, their own fears and their own despair. Dig it.

No comments: