Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Politics

I caught the Republican debate at Mrs. Robinson's house last Sunday. I was impressed by them all. There was one whom I had never heard of before, a Mr. Hunter. He did not seem to be a real candidate and said a lot of non-sequiturs that seemed to be solely for the audience in Florida where the dabate took place. I assume he was the local US Rep or some other lowly life form. Ron Paul was not overwhelmingly popular. When Mr. Paul observed that 70% of the populace was opposed to the continuance of the war in Iraq, there was disbelief and displeasure expressed by the audience. Mr. Paul's observation that pursuing some ideal of an American Empire would bankrupt us financially and morally met a similar response. I really do not know quite what to make of the Republican Party. Other than kissing up to groups that label themselves "values voters" and purposely avoiding debates or symposia held by Black Americans...and making a rather large point of not mentioning George W. Bush by name, I do not understand them. I mean, once Roe vs. Wade is reversed, what are you going to do? You spend like drunken sailors, your conception of the world is on the level of trailer park trash, your works of charity are scripted by CPAs...you are a beautiful and wealthy corruption.

Then we turn to the Democrats. Tell me the names of the wealthy Armenian backers of Nancy Pelosi. There must be a couple who have an idee fixe about the Armenian Genocide. Nancy Pelosi did not come up with this on her own, although we had hoped that it would not have been beyond her faculties to perceive that it was not a good idea. What's wrong with a resolution condemning Armenian Genocide? I am reading a book titled Halsey's Typhoon. It takes place in World War II and features Admiral Halsey and General MacArthur. Now I am doing this from faulty memory, but I seem to recall that in giving a short bio of General MacArthur, there was a run through of the life of MacArthur's father. I seem to recall that the book stated that the senior MacArthur was in the US Army in the western part of the country in the late 19th century. Now at that time, since the Indian Extermination Campaign was coming to an end, he had to make a decision about his future. Indian Extermination Campaign??!! Well, I have not heard it called that in a while. Maybe never. That was the only reference to it in the book, as the book was focused on WWII. Ahhh...the panoply of pots and the treasure cache of kettles!...and the blackness thereof!

No comments: