Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Second Visit To The Empress

She-who-must-be-obeyed dragged me to a Chinese Opera on Sunday. What fiendishness! You know, if memory serves, this is the same pillar of society who demurrs attendance at Opera because it is too-o-o-o long! Well, if The Barber of Seville is too long, what does one expect from The Second Visit? (I don't recall whether I mentioned we saw the New York Metropolitan Opera production of Barber last fall? It was so good that I almost cried at the end of the first act. Then, if memory serves, just recently I saw a Simpson's episode where Homer sings the role of Dr. Bartolo! ) I absolutely loved the Chinese Opera. Now I have to find where there is more. Chinese Opera takes about 12 minutes of getting used to. Then the story goes as effortlessly as the flight of cranes. Duke Xu and General Yang, we loved you.

No comments: