Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2007

Poems For Peace

A fellow named Affable Atheist, young as he is, wrote to me about my extraordinary delusion of fasting one day a week for peace, as well as topping the lunacy off by writing a poem to go along as a side order. I liked it. Of course it is madness. So was going to war for lies. Which is the greater madness? And if believing that Peace is possible is madness, what remains for us? So, the poems for the last 2 weeks from http://peace-weaving.blogspot.com/
Fast Day 26 November 30, 2007  
A Winter Storm At The Cenotaph

I stand waiting within the antechamber of the Spirits, buffeted by the echoes of the living. I touch the marble classic columns with my tears; the cold stone sucks my water in. We fear the storm of those voices, an unsought handsel clamorous to reward our departure. Rain does not wet us, nor does the ice nor snow of atheistic fury make us shiver. We are beyond all that; we only fear the echoes because we lived our lives in fear and like a dirty sin, this habit we trail along behind us like Marley's chests of empty gold. When I thought I could stand no more and sought the oblivion of the marble's now succulent veins - an eternity of seeking past- yet my Love was sudden upon the horizon where used to be the Moon, and I broke free from my renown prison and my voice burst mantic from my breast and I was reborn!

Fast Day 27 December 7, 2007 The Wedding
She came to me with bed clothes and bed coverings that were new. our bodies were new and so our love. our dowry was new things and old, some good, some maybe not. Bed coverings that are new speak of the newly wed; speak of the newly born; speak of those gone away; and speak of those who are free from this slavery. The coverings are like eye lids anointed in egypt's desert. the coverings are your lips. take your dowered things along; take the golden earrings. Reflections in a gilded mirror, burnished and cuprous multiply our number; we are two, then three, then more. we dance holding the mirrors of marital increase. She comes to me all new; new as the bed coverings, sewn with pictures of star and moon; sun and birds, arrows and beast. Her breast is a new pillow with colored beads!

No comments: