Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Controversy Of Republicans

I am using the term "controversy" in an ancient, very ancient, and aliquant sense. It is where we draw a raster in the sand and put pebbles corresponding to inviduals into the various columns and by this primal abacus we differentiate between the members of a group...of...pebbles. There. I told you it was ancient. Anyhow, I wrote about two types of Conservatives and used "Russel Kirk" and "George Roche III" as category headings before, asking then which type you thought you were. (I was using "you" in the royal, absent-minded, wool-gathering sense.) Lest Republicans think I'm picking on them-and I am, due to a whole bush of problems-I can do this same procedure for Democrats. If I were to do Democrats, I'd probably start out with "Tony Pro" Provenzano type Democrats versus "FDR" Democrats, just to get the ball rolling. So let's get a comprehensive list of categories for Conservatives: Russell Kirk, where we would place RK, Goldwater, Edmund Burke, Ron Paul (I would place him there.) and so on; George Roche III, where we would place those whose actions directly led to tragic death. I shall leave it to you to fill in the blanks; William "Billy" Kristol, wherein we find the clowns and mountebanks, such as Wolfie Wolfowitz standing on a corner going "Hubba-hubba!", steam coming out of his ears as Rosie the Riveter walks by. (It does not have to be Rosie the Riveter. It could be an associate at the World Bank. Of course, this is the Bush World Bank a la Warner Brothers cartoons.) ; This is all coming out of the wash a good deal like Dante's Inferno. Now even I am captivated. I mean, I am forced to actually come to a stop in this mad dash referred to as "posting" and sit back and gaze at what I have written with an indistinct emotion which augments itself to something like "admiration". I shall add to the "controversy" list anon.

No comments: