Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

God as Evil?

The Root of All Evil? I read a review of Mr. Dawkins ( Dirk Dawkins? Dak Dawkins? I really do not know his first namey title thing.) book The God Delusion. The God Delusion explores the unproven beliefs that are treated as factual by many religions and the extremes to which some followers have ... taken them. Dawkins opens the programme by describing the "would-be murderers .. who want to kill you and me, and themselves, because they're motivated by what they think is the highest ideal." Dawkins argues that "the process of non-thinking called faith" is not a way of understanding the world, but instead stands in fundamental opposition to modern science and the scientific method, and is divisive and dangerous. Unfortunately, this portrait applies to a whole smorgasbrod of human history, not just the religious snippets. Furthermore, I have ever so many example of "thinking" which has caused nothing but disaster and death. I agree we live under Delusion, however. And I guess I could agree that God is usually dressed up in our insipid imaginations as some sort of delusional pantomime horse prancing about eternity. God is authenticity.

No comments: