Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Opinion Columns For The Witless: The Queen Mum Speaks

McCain wins in South Carolina. So, I am reading about it. I did not know how much the Republican establishment hated McCain. Now I do. In fact, now I see the GOP trotting out the "Queen Mary" opinionator: George Will with his bloodless subterfuge of reason. I cannot help it; his pictures remind me of the Queen Mum. I suspicion that he acts a good deal like she used to, God bless her, but I doubt he has her charm. So here is what I have seen: Ron Paul supporters chasing a terrified Sean Hannity who secures his retreat by throwing a conservative blonde into their path, Mike Huckabee's incarnation as a Evangelical base which has risen like a Frankenstein creation to threaten its former masters, John McCain being savaged by the savage elite and the Queen Mum. I believe the spokespeople for the Republican elite are talking about not what will happen, but what has happened: the Republican Party is falling apart. Since the Republican Party as we know it was a miserable and cranky pastiche of disparate peoples held together by fear, hatred, and economic exploitation, crafted by Karl Rove - "the political Genius"-its demise is a good thing. Thanks, George. You were good for something.

No comments: