Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Out Of The Closet

People often ask me why I do not write more often about God. Indeed, since the divine is in the title, so to speak, this aspect of the blog is perhaps a puzzle. Well, you would not really want to hear what I have to say. It is quite a struggle to make things palatable to readers. It is easier to go with the flow and scare the bejabbers out of the audience; that and the fact that I do not like to preach. Well, we have reached a point in our history where we may as well take off the gloves. Here goes: I think Barack Obama is too late. He may be able to pick up the pieces. The forces of hate and chaos and discord are joined in their next struggle. We see the society we knew crumbling about us, and we look wistfully as what once was like some latter day inhabitants of the late Roman Empire; like Ausonius we wander about and look at the fields suddenly coming back to their own and the aquaducts falling into disrepair. The structures is corrupt and failing. But what is much worse is that the very soul of our people has been deceived and misled and now we shall be turned out with no leader, no hope, and no faith. Note: I am sure that most people, were they to read this, think it is some sort of opinion piece. It is not an opinion. At this point, normal writing and reading etiquette requires that if I assert that something is not an opinion, then I ought to say what it is. At this time, you either know or you never will. It is not my job to try to teach the witless.

No comments: