Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

Our Lives In The Bush Of Ghosts 8: Gas

(Intro Note: Amos Tutuola wrote a novel entitled "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts", hence my title.He meant a bushy terrain; I mean a person named Bush.)
Although I cannot write as well as Amos Tutuola ( this remark is supposed to elicit laughter from people au courant with African literary criticism...), I do have my own bush of ghosts, wherein baleful shades and other ghouls run their mercenary scams and spams. In their language, the Zombi language, they call us "brainpans" or "jitter nerve skeins", neither of which I want to know the derivation. The photo above is the Gas Station at the corner in the Bush of Ghosts.
Edward Hopper had a mystically beautiful painting of a gas station, titled "Gas"

You may clearly see how the years leading to the Bush of Ghosts has changed things around here.

No comments: