Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Belief

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/14/einstein-letter-belief-in_n_101626.html Einstein Letter: Belief In God "Childish," Jews Not Chosen People AFP May 14, 2008 01:23 AM Albert Einstein described belief in God as "childish superstition" and said Jews were not the chosen people, in a letter to be sold in London this week, an auctioneer said Tuesday... I am not so sure but that I agree with Mr. Einstein. I have previously written that I myself do not believe in God. I "expect" God. If I enter the room and God is not there, I wonder where He has gone. I do NOT say, "Oh. God must not exist, after all. I believed He was in the library, but He isn't. He must have been a fiction, a figment of th'imagination!" Saying that I believe in God is as odd sounding as saying that I believe in the existence of the Earth. There are no philosophical paradoxes here, no Zeno of the divinities... all this nonsense is based on some sort of trumped up scenario for "Belief" where everything that is to be believed has to be resting on some sort of basis of truth...as we define truth...and there is a whole logical rigamarole leading to belief and real knowledge and income for philosophers.

No comments: