Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Intelligent Design: A Decoy !

I published a post on Intelligent Design ( ID ) a few days ago and received a comment on it. I receive so few comments that I was in my usual state of consternation over it. However, it turned out to be a wordy endorsement of the commentor's own idea of Creationism in 7 easy textbooks. I even responded to it as if it were someone attempting to communicate with me, rather than someone who had scanned the net for every occurence of "ID" or "Intelligent Design" and posted a hearty self-endorsement to each site where those words occurred. This post is a decoy to see whether we can put on our "deerstalker" hats and sit in the dark and entice the ID deer into our headlights. Intelligent design, intelligent design, intelligent design, hoo-ha, intelligent design.... ...oxymoronic and strange logic: ID, ID,id,intel design, intelligent design.

There. If you are a rural type green thumb or gardener, you will know that my trap is so complete that all the coyote urine in the world will not dissuade the "deer" from browsing amongst our "plants".

No comments: