Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2008

John Hagee And Joseph Lieberman

Joseph Lieberman apparently addressed a convention of the believers in the religion created by John Hagee. It must have been a sight. This country enshrined the separation of church and state in its foundations. This meant that the USA was not a country based on a given religion, but that the USA created the freedom for anyone to practice their religion. So it is with Hagee and his odd amalgam of beliefs which he terms Christianity, a fact that makes most of us cringe when we hear it. And Joseph Lieberman is entitled to do any fool dern thing he wants. It's a free country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Montag said...

Thanks.
I forgot I wrote this. When I checked back, I thought that it was unusually liberal and calm for something that I wrote.

I have no memory of what I write; I only remember the passions: loves and hates, fears and desires, which were coursing through my blood at the time.