Search This Blog

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Obsession

I keep receiving mailers and flyers about Obsession. I am under the impresson that it is an expensive perfume. So I rip it open and smell it, only to discover that when I scratch, I cannot sniff, but have ruined a perfectly good frisbee. It is a DVD. Telling me the hitherto unknown truth that there are terrorists in the world. I know what I think it is: now that Governor Palin has been shown not to be an entirely idiotic entity, it is she who will speak of Obsession and how Senator Obama's name sounds suspicious; it is she who will tell the big lies......for she has been shown now to be the real goods; it is Palin who will invoke the terrors of the swarthy, dark, and lesser races; it is Palin the Evangelical who will paint the Muslim world as monolithic and perverse. It is Palin who will lead those Americans who love Israel more than Jews love Israel, for these Americans need the symbol of Israel to fulfill their ideological desires for an End of All Things and the Second Coming, whereas a Jew awaits yet the first coming of the Messiah, the establishment of Israel not necessarily preceeding or succeeding this event. Obsession. Aptly named.

No comments: