Search This Blog

Monday, December 22, 2008

Comments and Bush Winter

Bush Winter Today is Monday, the 22nd. The cold and snow have quite bowled me over, as Lord Marchmain used to say. Back in October, I said that the winter of 2008-2009 will be the Bush Winter. It is not that I blame him directly for the winter, but it is a fact that as Bush leaves office, we are being deluged by the Ironies of Circumstance that follow in his wake: we wage a war in such an outrageous fashion that only total arrogance allows us to justify to ourselves the illegality of the procedure.......and it blows up in our faces! we strut about as recently as 2 years ago, and pompously declaim that History is no more! History is but a footnote to the American Empire! - long may it reign!......and no ones sees the enormous banana peel Economic downturn on the sidewalk just in front of us! ........the list goes on and on, but I'm sure you get the picture. Therefore, since Bush famously has questioned Global Climate Change, has appointed political hacks to posts in science agencies who have sabotaged research into the causes of climate change, and generally said Nix! to the international community trying to do something.......it only stands to reason that this winter is going to be a doozy! We have already run out of places to put the snow...and winter is 24 hours old. Comments As I mentioned, I have some comments from some very kind people. I am quite bowled over, as Lord Marchmain used to say. I shall take a look at them Tuesday. Today is Monday and I have to go to my parents 65 miles north of here and help them get ready for their Xmas bash. This is usually accomplished by writing notes for my mother to remind her that (1) the stove is probably set on high...again!, and (2) you probably have forgotten about that sauce pan you popped on the high burner. Did I tell you the story of when I was cleaning their kitchen ceiling and discovered shreds of what appeared to be beef jerky in the recessed lighting? It was beef. It was all about a pressure cooker that was left unattended. Anyway, I shall let the comments go, because I do not have time to answer, and nice things from nice people create sort of a fire storm of emotion in my breast, sort of like a maelstrom of pleasure and longing, and I'd rather not waste it on a 65 mile drive through the snow; one runs the risk of mixing the feeling of joy and the feeling of being-pissed-off-at-driving, and that really makes no sense. My nephews said they could not devise a way to look at the comments. They are as cunning as foxes, and only switch to the innocence of lambs when it suits their purposes. [Sniff..( wipes away a tear)] I guess they take after me.

No comments: