Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Obama's People !!!!

How many times have I seen or heard that phrase recently!? Obama's people... ! Chilling effect now that I have learned the full truth. Actually, I awoke this morning with the distinct impression that Obama and Ambassador Sarek were more than kissing cousins. Oh, I did not hear it a "shuddering horror pale", as Milton has it, but I was somewhat appalled on hearing that Barack Obama and Sarek of Vulcan are symbolically conspiring to alter the future! Among those who have noted this: Cosmic Iguana http://www.cosmiciguana.com/2008/11/ and in Confessions of an Aca-Fan http://henryjenkins.org/2008/06/is_barrack_obama_a_secret_vulc.html we read: ...Listen to the speech which Amanda, Spock's mother, delivers in the NPR broadcast about being beaten up as a child because the others don't think he's Vulcan enough and you will hear echoes there of some of the stories we've heard about Obama's struggle to figure out who he was growing up. I've been surprised by how quickly the blogosphere picked up on the Spock/Obama comparison. Almost immediately, I started to see people construct graphics around the Spock/Obama theme, which clearly resonated with people other than myself. These fellows were way ahead of me. Great minds may flow in similar channels, but some of us have a rather slow and molasses-like water flowing in ours.
I am quite sure this was exactly how Charles Darwin felt that great morn many years ago when he woke up thinking "survival of the fittest!?" , leaped from his bedchambers, ran to the computer, Googled "alfred russel wallace", only to discover he was about to be bested in the race to the Royal Society for scientific kudos.
Oh, well. Better late (the phalarope, that is) than never.

No comments: