Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

What If Halliburton Were The Contractor On The Death Star?

Sometime ago I said something about Halliburton. It may have involved the Dark Lord Cheney. I do not remember. Some Chewbacca - emphasis on the "chew" like Jabba pronounces it, not on "bac" as Han Solo pronounces it - wrote me that I was unfair, and that KBR was the principle involved, and KBR was a subsidiary of Halliburton, and quite a bit of blah-blah. Of course, his reasoned words were much more rational and sort of "main stream" sounding than anything I had ever written here. BUT ( and this is a big, big "but"), as it turns out, he was a well-spoken fellow who lived in dreamland - dreams compliments of Neo-con Illusions, Ltd. - and I was right again. Or, I may not have been right exactly, but in the midst of all the water that has flowed under the bridge since that time, I come out a lot better than he. Case in point: Halliburton, Cheney, KBR, Gimpel ( the fool) and Associates cannot build a shower facility without electrocuting soldiers in Iraq. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090326/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/iraq_electrocutions or http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAQ_ELECTROCUTIONS?SITE=MALOW&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT I quote this from the middle of the article, although you could even read it backwards, for it shows up the insanity of the USA as it goose-stepped into its new status as the world's biggest Homeless Shelter: ...KBR is the target of a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Maseth's ( one of the electrocuted)family. They claim the company knew there were electrical problems in the building where he died, but didn't fix them. His mother testified last year on Capitol Hill. Army investigators have since reclassified Maseth's death as negligent homicide caused by KBR and two of its supervisors. An Army investigator said KBR failed to ensure work was done by qualified electricians and plumbers. The case is under legal review. "KBR is not responsible for the electrocution deaths widely reported, including that of Staff Sgt. Ryan Maseth," Heather Browne, a KBR spokeswoman, said in an e-mail....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a personal experience with the wiring in Iraq. I was stationed in Balad between 2006-2008, and while I was on a patrol, my barracks building burned to the ground. About 50 soldiers lived there and everything we owned was destroyed. Very few soldiers were left back in the building and they weren't enough to put the fire out themselves. It was a horrible situation and thank God nobody was injured, but needless to say we had enough on our minds without having to recover our losses. Many of us also had belongings that could not be replaced. Going through a fire is a horrible thing and prevention is much easier than recovery. Follow-up comment this and I will send you pictures of the aftermath!

Montag said...

Thanks for your comment.

After hearing politicans wave the flag over Iraq, then having the returning soldiers stuffed into the Walter Reed Medical slum, nothing surprises me.

My father tells me stories about World War II, and - surprise, surprise! - in 1948 the VA hospitals in the Detroit area were pig stys.
There weren't much better during 'Nam.

There is something seriously wrong with our leaders...and us.
If we do not wish to pay the price for war and do it correctly, do not do it!