Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Obama Nix Pix

President Obama did a U-turn of release of prisoner abuse pictures. Just how many pictures are there? How wide spread waas this? How out of control was the army, or was it policy to be depraved? A policy of depraved violence was typical in past wars to instill fear. A policy of meticulously recording every monstrous act was also typical in the past. I, personally, do not care to see any more photos. When we were clamoring for war, I remembered that General Sherman said "War is Hell." What part of that did you not understand? War is death and destruction, killing and rapine, theft and brigandage, torture and suffering. Everyone knows that. So why were we so stupid that we believed it was a picnic? The critical question is why were we so stupid. Answer that question.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The question should be: why ARE we so stupid? I wish I could answer the question. I told my wife just today that I think it's because nobody reads anything anymore.