Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

My Missed Town Hall Meeting

We did not have a Town Hall meeting on the Iraq War. My parents and I were having a discussion about things which led to the war, and I recounted the story of Hans Blix and the UN weapons inspectors. Of course, my parents, watchers of FOX, had entirely forgotten about the fact that the UN team found nothing. They had forgotten they even existed - the team, much less the weapons! The lies go on and on. I told them this country is foreign to me. It is a country of either (a) amoral immmoralists seeking some bipartisan deal to screw me, or (b) liars and outright thieves. I have no understanding of Afghanistan. No one does. If I had had my Town Hall meeting on Iraq...and maybe now on Afghanistan, I would be screaming like a banshee. "You destroyed this country!" I would scream. "You destroyed our futures, our health, our education...everything!" I would pause. "Go and do your torturing and extreme interrogations for the sake of 3,000 dead Americans at the WTC...who have led to a million deaths...and there is no end in sight... How many wars, how much death...how much is enough for the dead?" "You bastards!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would be right there with you. Screaming "AMEN! AMEN!"