Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Morning Prayer

I pray: God; Your will be done. and nothing else. I stand silently, but I never let any previous notions about what God is, or what God's plan is for the world, or any other such nonsense intervene. I do not meditate that God is good, God is great, God is the alpha and the omega, God bless America, God help us!....nothing. I don't look at pictures of praying hands, little angels, solicitous mothers, or solitary individuals walking down a lonesome road...nothing. I don't dream of divine paradoxes to instill in myself a sense of wonder. My being alive after my life so far is enough of a wonder for me. I refuse to define God. If I define God, I am writing a screenplay for how God is supposed to act in "The God Show". (There are certain similarities to the concept Nirvana in obstinate silence.) By acting as Jehovah's screenwriter, I am substituting my will for God's. God; Your will be done.

No comments: