Search This Blog

Friday, October 09, 2009

Nobel Prize

Congratulations !

But nothing is so easy in this maze we live in. People applaud, and others criticize. Endless talk and arguments.
I have a friend who insists on sending me half-baked articles on health care; they seek to persuade, not to analyze. And most of their logic is "something I don't like happened after X, therefore, it happened because of X."
I don't know why the dim insist on spreading their gospel of dimness, but they do. So finally I wrote back saying that such and such an article was politics and persuasion. She writes back and says I have not faith in Capitalism, and she has no faith in Big Brother.

Faith.
I have no faith in Capitalism, I have no faith in Big Brother-ism. I do not think human life may be reduced to either; life cannot be painted into either vicious corner.

And Faith is for God, not some Ideology.

What good is talking about anything, when we're all idiots?

I was on Jury Duty. In the jury room, I read a July People magazine about Jon and Kate, trying to find out exactly who they were,.and why their faces are everywhere.
In July, Jon was having an adulterous affair with someone called Hailley Grassman. And this entire country was tuned in and loving it.

....a country of moral morons.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Well said. Endless talk. It's like an anchor tied around the talk. At a certain point it has the density of lead.

Montag said...

Yes. I feel so tired of talking. Nobody wants to communicate. They wish to bolster what they already know.

And it is so endless...and it is so nonsensical.

I was in the grocery store and I saw books on sale for 30% off, and there's Glenn Beck in some sort of military outfit, mugging it up like Mussolini.

What possibly could that have been? But I shall beat you I lost nothing by not picking it up and finding out:
the media casts fools as prophets, and adulterers as celebrity, and is continually scraping the dregs from the bottom of society's barrel to astound us or enflame us.

I have had enough.

Unknown said...

Paul, it's all bread and circuses, man, except they leave out the bread. And the truly crazed are dressing in camis and are out tromping in the woods on their weekends with their compasses, AK's, night vision goggles, knives, canteens, and hatreds. These are the loonies that didn't go to the tea parties because they were too busy preparing the "revolution." Tell me we haven't all ducked down the rabbit hole.

Montag said...

Not everyone in the woods is loonie. I think they just want out.
I know I do.