Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Taste of Flu:2







My daughter in Maryland received her H1N1 shot today.
The process took 5 hours, about evenly split between standing in line outside the hospital and queued up inside.
She has asthma, so she needed the injection. They took 2 patients at a time, so she went into the inoculation room with another lady. The other lady wanted an injection for some reason. The reason was not one of the approved reason for not using the vaccine nasally.
It turns out, they had exactly shot left; exactly 1. Everything after that would be administered nasally.
So my daughter said, Ha! I have asthma!
and received her shot.
The other lady was a bit pissed.
We still have none here.

My daughter said that after standing in line outside for 2 hours, and watching the occasional medical helicoter land on the hospital, it all began to remind her of "The Fall of Saigon".
I don't know what happened to the people after her who needed the injection. I guess they had to return home.

1 comment:

Rajesh Attri said...

Hi, I really like your presentation with information.

Articles on New Technology
---------------------------------
Articles on Health Care