Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

ZombieLand

I was reading some entries earlier in the year of some blogs I have marked down to follow, and I came across an interesting description of cable TV:

http://sidschwab.blogspot.com/2009/06/cutting-back.html
Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cutting Back

...knowing isn't required. Just spouting, taking a predictable position, playing their role, over and over, enlightening no one, adding nothing new...

So, we are all pretty much aware of it, but we do prefer the same brand of delusion, and hate is a much better waker-upper than coffeee, so what the heck?

There is a new Zombie movie out: Zombieland. The trailers for it look terrible, but that's not the point. Zombies and Vampires are so much in our popular art, they form their own genre. Our entertainment depends heavily on the Un-Dead. They are in our minds, in our imagery.
Is the iconography of the Vampire and the Zombie more prevalent than that of God?

I think we imagine ourselves as supremely powerful, supremely extraordinary,... and supremely damned.

 


2 comments:

Sid Schwab said...

Thanks for the link. I'm glad there are still a few people finding my blog. And now I've found yours.

I saw Zombieland the other day, in a moment of boredom. Minimal entertainment at best. But there are times when it's well to distract oneself from the zombie that our political system has become, and it did that for a couple of hours.

Montag said...

Yes, I get the feeling that is the point: we have become zombies and vampires, and our fondest wish is to be Hell-Boy, and - gosh! - wouldn't that be swell?!