Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2009

An Aside On Religion


Order and Chaos  by Aexion


Thanksgiving is coming up. People and families get together. They do not talk about politics and religion.

I do.
I expect God.
I don't "believe" in God. That expression is as goofy sounding as "I believe in my left foot."
So I drag both along to any social gatherings, even if they don't want to go.

I experience God everywhere, like the background of my existence; the backdrop for a play or film, wherein I am a brief actor. Infinite cinema, unending direction...
scripts cut into small pieces and tossed into the air...
picking the pieces up at random, and chaotically glueing together for another script...
all before that backdrop of reality.

Andy Warhol's film Empire was God as seen by our generation: changeless, immutable, unending,...mute,......remote,.........boring,...........
The music and pace of the film Koyaanisqatsi is God-like: obsessed with creation and its creatures. The crescendo pace of Koyaanisqatsi is the creation, humming of the electrons, the ignition of the stellar factories, the inability to look away from a quantum state...yet ever turning, ever turning, hard a port, and Heisenberg be damned!
God is not balanced; He is forever unbalanced. If God were in perfect equilibrium, He would not have created. He wanted to get His hands dirty.
And if you were watching Him, it would have stolen your breath away, the vertiginous speed of His construct.

O, God, creator:
Let us be free again!
Free us from the chains we forged for ourselves!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And all the assembled shouted "AMEN!" Great post! I wish it could be bottled up so people could wash their faces and hands with it.

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Montag said...

To Baysage:

...they will, friend, they will.

Beulah Land is not always what we think it's going to be.

Montag said...

to Anonymous:

Welcome and thanks...if you are not an "XRumer Paradigm 5.0" Mech.

If you are a Mech, my sister, Nur, will visit you, accompanied by my other sister, Zulma.
Brother Saif is busy.