Search This Blog

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Democrats Or Republicans?

It is too late to worry which party to vote for: the destruction has been done.

Wondering whether to vote D or R is like the inhabitants of Babylon wondering whether to use the debris of the recently destroyed Tower of Babel to build fences, or to ship it to the dump; it's small stuff - the big show already took place.

We should have wondered whether to live lives of honor, courage, righteousness; we should have wondered why we are not humble before God, but instead are arrogant in our familiarity with what we foolishly believe is the mind of God.

There is a future.
It is a good future.
It is a bright and wonderful future...but it is not for the generation of vipers.

4 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

Speaking as one of the saved, Montag (I jest - but only just) - happy Sunday to you. And I finally made the albatross connection.

Montag said...

Good. Sorry about being so obscure.
Have you heard from the infamous Anna recently?

Reading the Signs said...

Have another look at my comments, Montag - latest post and the one from June when I reported her missing (nuns etc). You may find a sweet reference to your good self in the latter.

Montag said...

I really hate to be picky about your syntax....BUT it should read

"a GOOD reference to your SWEET self..."

However, it is a common error.

Once again I have been hazy; I should have written whether you had heard from Anna...because she had been spotted lurking among the old comments in my blog.
I see you have heard from her, too.

I went through the treasure hunt following the clues you provided, and am astounded......

Well done.

Really well done.

I have had to re-write this thrice!

She is re-born...and has had a rather long Lent...just as I had...just as you yourself.

Words fail me.