Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Periodic Englishman.

The Periodic Englishman, or TPE, is missing, so my spies tell me - I being Mabuse, the master spy, they being my minions...hmmm...I had not visited in him a while, because I need all my wits about me, and some extras for back-up, and I have been a few wits short of a proper battalion for a few months.

He is magick, and we cannot enter his lair unless we are quite ready, and pure of heart, say our prayers every night, and so on and so on.

TPE is a fata morgana we try to possess, but it slips away...like now. He is not hiding; we have crowded too closely, greedy children that we are, looking for sweets. It's quite amazing. If he says to us, "Wouldn't it be swell if you danced a frenzied tarentella right now?" that's what we do. If he suggests a tango, Anna puts a rose between her teeth, and I don my black tango hat, and our eyes leap like enraged cats...might as well just mutter, "Yes...Master..." and be done with it.



-------------------------
There were many comments. The last two are :

Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:08:00 AM


Ruth said...


I only meant the most innocent of tobaccos through the hookah.
I don't smoke either.


Friday, November 27, 2009 6:36:00 PM

Montag said...


No.
Neither do I. Although I may start up.

It has been quite a Thanksgiving, Ruth. You know, all in all,
I think everything is O.K. I am rather exhausted.
I wrote about nobody drinking-especially my brother- which
was rather cool.

These comments are back, and I thought they were gone.
I am surprised.
I hope you don't mind if I banish them again.


I am rather amazed at all this.
I was being quite truthful when I wrote
that a Mech had left an offer to be a moderator
on a post from back in January. It happened this morning.
I have no idea how it happened, since I didn't think the
thing was working right. I mean, I don't think I could have left
a comment anywhere.

I may be dreaming, and you all may be giants...and
wizards, and princesses,...

I hope your holiday was great!


Friday, November 27, 2009 7:08:00 PM

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I felt silly about the hookah comment, so I came back to tell you feel free to delete it. I'm sorry if my comment brought this to a weird place. I think I got carried away, and the idea of that communal ritual seemed to represent something I felt here - even though it really didn't have anything to do with imbibing. I didn't mean to cause any awkwardness. I hope you can get some rest and gather up your energy again.

We're having a great holiday, mostly eating and playing games with daughter and her husband.

Be well, Montag!

Montag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Montag said...

(Sorry. Had to delete...too many spelling errors...)
-----

And thee , too!

Or, as my father says, right back at ya! He only says this when he's happy, so it's a good thing.

As I thought back yesterday, I thought this would make a very good short story...

...and that's what I shall do with it.
I believe that was the point of the post about "The Ice Beautician"; our immediate reaction within the Present is one thing...then we have to create our Reality of short and long term memory, and it is extremely important whether things become a good story or a bad one.

Believe me, I have been through some "bad" stories; this will be a good one when I get done with it!

Ruth said...

I love it! That's creative writing. A whole new genre.