Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

T-day

I came in and saw many comments had accumulated. I thank you for them all - I think - and will search them out after the Thanksgiving holiday, and respond, for I am in the midst of food prep: baking pies, cooking relishes ( which my parents won't touch, prefering the roll of cranberry jelly from the can ).

I saw a friend today I had not seen in a while. I don't know whether he had to leave town to get a job, or what: he lives right across the street from me, and has become the man who disappeared recently.
For the first time in my life, I said easily : "God bless thee, John",  and it felt just right, for to have said "Hey! How's it going?" would seem crass...I felt that I might as well ignore him as to do the usual small talk.
He smiled and nodded.

So God bless you all...

PS.
I sneaked back in to answer them anyway.
If the pressure cooker explodes, I know whom to blame.
Thank you all.

No comments: