Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Did You Hear The One About The Republicans Who...

How appalling is it when a fine man with a run-of-the-mill intelligence and a sort of an isinglass sense of humor tries to be funny?
Mike Huckabee: http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/35413_Huckabee-_Sen._Ben_Nelson_is_Judas_Iscariot  

But during his comments at the Omaha rally, Huckabee - a 2008 presidential candidate and potential White House hopeful in 2012 - likened Nelson’s deal to the biblical story in which Judas agreed to betray Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. “I don’t want [senators] to go up there…and then somehow go back and boast, ‘Here’s some money that I got for you.’ The last time we saw that kind of historic moment it was 30 pieces of silver and that didn’t work out too well for us either,” Huckabee said.

This is where I roll my eyes, whistle a little tune, and tap my foot for a while, waiting for the conservative element in the audience to "come up to speed". Actually, I was under the impression that Judas' 30 pieces worked out badly for him, and well for us, because we got salvation thereby; somebody had to get the crucifixion going, and it was Judas. Since this was part of the plan of salvation, it seems that Judas played a necessary part, and we got quite a bit for 30 pieces of silver. Perhaps Huckabee is saying that we, the people of the USA, are all Jesus Christs...and somebody sold us out for 30 pieces of silver; sort of a pantheism type thing going here, Mike. When the punch line is more important than the matter at hand, call for a Republican.

2 comments:

homeyra said...

Dear Montag
Just here to wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year:)

Montag said...

Thank you.
And you, too.

My thoughts are often of you.
I have just finished decorating the Christmas cookies; baked them yesterday, decorate some of them today. My back hurts from it, but it's worth it.

I would send you some, if..........
if I did not eat them all, which I shall do.