Search This Blog

Monday, January 04, 2010

Intelligent Design And Keen & Neat Animals

I came across a blog titled:

Art progress and Neat animal of the day
http://stonewaresnake.blogspot.com/

and I read the post for July 21 2009:


I saw a brown recluse in the attic and I managed to let it outside. Posts are going to be kind of irregular I'm moving.

Art
I'm not sure.

Animal
Photo by Peter Halasz

The goblin shark is a pinkish deep sea shark with a protrusible jaw that has been found in many places around the world. The large snout contains electro-sensitive organs which it uses to find prey. It was called a "tenguzame" by Japanese fishermen as their long snout resembled the long noses of certain tengu. They have no swim bladder like a basking shark. So far, they have not done well in captivity the longest one has survived in captive conditions being only a week.



and I thought, "How cool is that? The Intelligent Designer has his own blog, in which he ( or ' He '  depending on whether you pray to the Intelligent Designer or not ) discloses his thought processes about Intel & Design."
I mean, the only way I could grasp the title at first was to assume some sort of theologico-scientifico intent: the progress of the art of animal creation - hence, intel design - and the peachy-neato animal created thereby. I don't know why. Maybe I had been thinking about it. I had to force a connexion between the two notions - or more: moving, art, and animal - that were in front of my eyes.
Who else would take the trouble to keep a toxic pet in the attic, and then let it out to savage the neighborhood? I mean I know what it's like to have pet spiders; I have pet winter spiders who sit about the glare of the computer monitor and read the BBC with me early morning, but they are winter spiders - sort of translucent and thin - and are not arachnids beefed-up to madness by steroid toxins, my spiders being more spiritual and artsy....Dante Gabriel Rosetti comes to mind. I suppose that's why my spider was named Dante. I've often wondered about that.
Anyway, they are not foe of man and beast. They are like inhabitants of the spa of Thomas Mann's The Magic Mountain, where everyone vogues like La Dame aux Camélias.

The last post was July 21 2009. I hope he is still with us. I hope he merely found that moving was a bigger and longer-lasting job than anticipated. He did have a poisonous spider in the attic, and where there is a brown recluse, you would hope not to find another poisonous pismire - giving the lie to the name "recluse", as they seem rather clubby - but one never knows. I hope the recluse was solitary and isolated, driven forth and marked like Cain, rather than being a social butterfly and a party hostess-with-the-mostest that had gathered a salon of spinners in the Rue de l'Attic.
I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!