Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Memory

My wife asked me yesterday whether I thought everything would be OK...my daughter's upcoming wedding. The marriage of two people, would it last? would it be a good and fine thing?

I said, yes, I did think so. I mean, I had had a premontion about their future even as far back as high school when they briefly dated. I couldn't explain it; the feeling was just there. (Maybe at some future time I shall go into detail about it, but not just yet.)
Even after they had gone their separate ways for years, only to find each other again...I had forgotten, but then I remembered that there was a great intention between them.

She remembered all the pain and tears, a screenplay broken up into Acts I, II, and III intermitted by despair, followed by candles and birthday cakes.
Life is like that, a painting of an enormous sea done from a palette of our blood and tears, the small boats of our hopes keeping us afloat on the tidal waves of suffering and all the passions of the material world.

Praise God, Life is good.

PS.
If you agree, then we shall have to spend some time over the next 25 years investigating the deeper, true meaning of the word "good". There is so much we do not know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you're happy about the daughter's marriage, then life is indeed good. It gets better, sometimes, with grandchildren. Life is good. I agree, especially in light of the alternatives.