Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Another Jesus Spotting

Some blokes opened a jar of Marmite - a yeast spread to put on toast, crackers, etc. - and saw the face of Jesus thereon.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/8071865.stm



It looks more like Jesse James to me. Is it blasphemy to mock the face of Jesus on the lid of a jar of Marmite? Or is it blasphemy to put forward such a claim? I recall a cheese sandwich apparition down south a couple of years ago. I believe that cheese sandwich is now in the Smithsonian...or the Vatican, I can't recall.
Face shots are pretty neutral. I mean, if there were a good shot of God looking angry, pointing to a clear copy of the 10 commandments, and shaking His other fist at the camera, I think there would be some sort of moral revival. But face shots? Too ambiguous.

For myself, I do not need signs and miracles. I am strong in my faith.
I believe in God in each and every jar of Marmite on the grocery shelves, even though I have not had the time to personally open each and every one! Amen.

No comments: