Search This Blog

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Solzhenitsyn & Goethe on Politicians

"Don't believe them;
don't fear them;
do not ask anything of them."
It is good advice. Start now by beginning to ignore politicans. They cannot help us. They are a class created by the media to fill in a charade of our History.
Do not even mock them, like Jon Stewart. Mocking them gives them a reality they do not possess: it mocks their power - but they have no power except that we surrender to them!

Ignore them all, from Obama to Palin. And foreswear the juvenile pleasures of listening to those that re-affirm your prejudice: ignore the Rushes and the Glenns... you must be prepared to handle them, but you must not give them any power of your attention. Under the guise of saying yes to us, they are the spirits that always deny... die Geister die stets verneinen.

-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes,they lie. No, I'm not afraid of them. I've long since given up asking stuff of them. I know they cannot help us. They don't even want to.

But . . . I cannot ignore politics. I wish I could. And I watch Jon Stewart faithfully.

Montag said...

However, I never fail to remember that Hitler and Mussolini had an attraction based in a large part in providing government "without parties" and partisan squabbles of politicians.