Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Ads

The problem with Internet advertisements - such as a little video running 12 seconds before the main video - is that I usually do not make it past the first 12 seconds:  I have time to ask myself whether I absolutely want to look at Bill Maher again, the answer being "no" about 90% of the time, and I boogie. The whole business about "going viral" is the rapidity of it all. To turn viewing down a few steps into a mature processional is to lose the drumbeat that impelled us originally.
There's a Lady Gaga vid about an airline; went to watch it, advertisement, yawned, left.
I mean, it gives me time to reflect, and I usually don't stick around, for I have seen very few videos that changed my life for the better.

1 comment:

AD said...

Amen. Had to laugh. I've had the same experience -- and reaction -- myself dozens of times...