Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Suze Orman & Lewis Black

At the end on the NBC Evening News, Friday, October 15, 2010, Suze Orman has a short piece on your money. My wife watches and listens to the TV news; I studiously avoid it, but there I was, and Suze Orman gets her intro. So there....

Well, I never heard anything like this on the American Media in a long time. Suze Orman did a Lewis Black - almost! She covered a lot, not just the fact that interest rates for our savings suck. She said we are SOL! She did everything except use the same language Lewis Black does. She did not hold anyything back: at least a generation has been and will be lost: banks are not lending to small businesses, jobs have disappeared, no one hires older people, etc. etc. etc.

I was totally amazed! I mean, it was so bizarre to hear this on the Big Media. Where was Jim Cramer, or that Larry Kudlow creature? How dare anyone say anything resembling the hard truth! It was just like watching years ago a documentary that chronicled the Kennedy brothers and Marilyn Monroe:  I had to stop what I was doing and sit and stare at the TV with my mouth open, saying "Who did this?". Well, it turns out the BBC did the film way back, a long time before the American Media touched on such things. (Now, of course, we are awash in the sex antics of politicians.)

Amazing.

No comments: