Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Internet Changes The Brain

Someone mentioned this during Xmas. I was about to disagree, but then my wife kicked me under the table, signifying a "shut up" was in order, so I shut up, smiled and said what a quaint notion that was and how it would probably enrich our lives. I suppose this is why people are never quite sure what I am saying, this business of being a kvetcher who has the added burden of a travelling editorial staff that expends every effort to minimize the tsouris I am so easily able to spread around. I am no longer a free spirited curmudgeon, but rather an endlessly agreeable sycophant who says "Ouch!" a good many times at dinners. (My friends express surprise that I have any shins left at all, expecting me to have by now had a full "shin-ectomy" just like Cotton Hill, Hank Hill's old man.)

Anywho.... each and every life history is unique. We get to see only a few: our friends and lovers, associates, and peeps in the News.

If we learn how important each and every life is and manage to lose the old Vulcan utilitarianism that the good of the many outweighs the good of the few, and thereby come up with a new insight and new synthesis of political, moral, and spiritual community.... well, I'd trade that in a New York second in place of a newly re-wired brain!

No comments: