Search This Blog

Friday, January 07, 2011

Merry Christmas!! (just a little delayed...)


Merry Christmas to Coptic and Orthodox Christians everywhere!
Merry Little Christmas, Epiphany, and Theophany!




Let us return to the Twelve Days festival, instead of the week between
Christmas and New Year!     Let us restore the Octave of eight day feasts to the calendar! Let us never forget the light of the season.




Let us remember in our prayers and in our actions those who are persecuted, the poor and hungry, and the sick.

--

6 comments:

AD said...

Yes, by all means let's...

Montag said...

I am going to apply myself to doing a fine 12 day in the coming December... can't wait!

Ruth said...

I will too! I have never run across more energy and interest in the 12 days, and the epiphany, than I have this year, in my friends' blogs. It helps having friends around the world! I look forward to your fine 12, and I will support yours, and apply myself too. I don't know the eight days, will study. Let us remember the light, and the ones who can't help themselves. Yes.

Montag said...

Great.
The eights were called octaves - I think - and were dropped by the RC Church in the 50's, and Jan. 6 used to mark the beginning of an 8 day holy period. I think that was the last of them. I'm hazy on the notion.

The 12 days are enough... gives you time to do some serious Christmas things. (Heaven forbid more shopping, though!)

Ruth said...

No more shopping. I barely do any as it is . . . very, very thankfully that part of Christmas has nearly passed from our lives, except for what remains quite meaningfully.

Montag said...

My daughter and son-in-law left their shopping until Christmas Eve. I think I would rather hop on a plane and just leave the country rather than do that.