Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ade Ileke 1

by Egon Schiele

"Like, I used to eat licorice. But I don't so much anymore. I used ta eat King Dons for lunch. They're not as good as they used to be. Nothing is a s good as it used to be. Ha! Ya know, that sounds funny! I'm, like, 20 and I'm sounding like my old man, like, 'nothinz as good like the old days!'
Hey, gimme a piece of your licorice. Not the whole thing, just rip off a piece, see if it taste like I remember. My teeth and tongue used ta get black when I ate it.
I eat chocolate now. M&Ms, Hershey's... It supposed to be good for ya.
Ya catch Michigan's game last night? Like, I wuz born  when the Fab Five started at the Big, ya know, the  Big House. Fab-uuuu-lus 5. Team was better back then. Hmmm..
Later, man!"
--

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I rilke it.

Hey, that's a lot of i l k and e between ileke and rilke. and like.

Do you know someone who talks like this?

Montag said...

I do, and apparently you have caught the knack of it, too. I started out by doing "The Game I Made Up", about which I wrote a post last month.

Be careful, as people give funny looks when you do it.