Search This Blog

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Pakistan.............قرب البحرالمضطرب

 M.Jinnah as a Young Barrister

As I have mentioned before, I was born on Mr. Muhammed 'Ali Jinnah's Day of Direct Action. That is indeed how I think of my day of birth - in those exact terms.
Now the last Christian member of the Cabinet had been killed for his opposition to the infamous Anti-Blasphemy Law....
Mr. Jinnah, like Mr. Gandhi, was called to the bar in England...
as a lawyer Mr. Jinnah would recognize the filth of this law for what it is.

Now, to every person from Pakistan with whom I have ever spoken and changed my opinions because you were the persons more intimately involved in the doings of the country and I was but an outsider, I say that every one of you has failed your Religion, your Country, and your Moral Duty!

 يبكي سيد جناح في مدينة القائد،
 في قصره القلق قرب البحرالمضطرب

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How many languages do you know, Montag? I am jealous.

Plus I would not know how get Hebrew, Arabic, Greek characters into my blog either.

Montag said...

I am OK in English, French, Latin, Greek, and Arabic. The others I am at the level of a pre-schooler.

If you really, really want to get those characters, there are a number of ways to do it, but it's a bit too long to get into now.

Alas, the lingo of Pakistan is Urdu, not Arabic, and I am a total dope in Urdu.