Search This Blog

Friday, March 04, 2011

We Create Our Own Reality

A good deal of articles on how Gaddafi's son, Saif al Islam, was a darling of the Western elites... up until he started living up to his name and killing rebels. Saif Al Islam means The Sword of Islam, and I for one never felt comfortable with him. I never met him, but I am a simple person. In the past, I have counseled people not to name their children Tristan, Isolde, Adolf, or Genghis; be careful which powers you invoke!
Similarly, even if it were a milquetoast sporting the name Death to So-and-So, I would tend to shy away. I mean, how can one have a name for one's entire life and not be influenced, good or bad. If someone were named "Joey Generous and Gives Away Money" I would probably stick around and see whether the name rubbed off on the guy. However, if the name were "Harry Holocaust and Hoards Crap" I would probably give him the air.

**********
How Libya's Saif al-Islam Gaddafi seduced the West
--

No comments: