Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Alex's Dad Again

I met up with Alex's Dad again, and we had a fine time. He is a substantial source of good feeling. I reprint the original post about him:



Alex's Dad is an absolute Master of the History of Black Music. I mean, his knowledge is intimidating. I was talking to Alex, chit-chat about hip-hop, and happened to mention that it was Little T that did Shaniqua Don't Live Here No Mo'.
His father asked if that was my favorite hip-hop song based on the name Shaniqua. I acknowledged that it was, and demurred, saying that I had thought it was the only song based on the name Shaniqua, or Shaniqwa - how many were there?
"To be precise, there are five." he said, and proceeded to list them with their artists, labels, producers, and sound studio.
--

No comments: