Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Animals

I was kidding about animals, especially the part of them being "familiars".
Animals are cool. Those that aren't cool are sweet. I enjoy their antics and their Machiavellian politics.

--
see:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/13863523
Urban pigeons have the ability to learn the difference between people who will feed them and those who will chase them away, a French study has indicated.
Researchers suggested that this allowed birds to limit the time spent searching for food, and maximise the time eating...
 "Considered as a plague in many cities, pigeons in urban areas live close to human activities and exploit this proximity to find food - which is often delivered by people," the team of French scientists wrote...
The researchers decided to conduct a series of experiments to explore the pigeons' ability to exploit the "human-based food resource", while avoiding people who were hostile...
 Reminds me of the Outer Limits episode "How To Serve Man".
--

2 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

Ah yes, I thought you were. (My cat is a 'familiar' though, meaning she reads my etheric).

Urban pidgeons have to fight so hard to stay alive. I admire them, though I don't particularly like them.

Montag said...

They remind me of Fagin and his band.