Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Welcome Yoli

Eckles!!

There. I yelled it loudly enough. Eckles!
I used to be a University with a girl by the name of Yuli, at least, that is the way it sounded phonetically. It could have been Yoli. If it is the same person, "Eckles!" will be the shibboleth which finds out.
It was a name in a short story. Only she would remember. Well, she and I. I tried to recall it this A.M. and the entire panorama unrolled itself within the circus tent of my mind.

I looked at some of her other blogs of interest and found I was in a school of rather brainy blogs. I suppose I must apply myself. Of course, I always say the same thing when a new friend happens along: I must apply myself! Can't keep cranking out tripe!

I thought my piece on Captain Ahab was pretty good. I used Melville Metaphor, because I did not want to come right out and say what particular institution and train of present events was scaring the bejabbers out of me.
Even this morning I woke up staring from the for'ard top gallant...

Welcome, friend.
--

No comments: