Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Death of Democracy

I believe that this business of Republicans signing pledges, such as Grover Norquist's pledge not to raise taxes, is an abdication of the responsibilities of running a democracy. Apparently, the Tea Party, knowing full well that at least 50% of its candidates are deficient in some important areas of functioning have thought it wise to have them sign off on their competence to make their own decisions, putting them into straight-jackets of ideological pledges.

No comments, please. I do not want to hear that anyone agrees with me, nor some right-wing philosopher, reeking with fervent candor, who  wishes to dispute me. I have thrown out all your concepts and ways of thought already, and I would hate to have to go back into the garbage can and pick them out, so that I could debate you; I really would.

--

No comments: