Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Come Back, Golden Pond!



I have now been terrorized so thoroughly by the state of economics and politics, world wide, mind you, not just our problems here with radical right intransigeants in Congress, that I think I am beyond feeling anymore fear.

I seem to remember saying exactly what to expect from the new Republicans, and once again I have felt the exquisite pain of being correct, and not having done anything about it, like looking for a refuge.
As soon as there is any sense of normal life here at home, Europe erupts into failing banks and bad debts, and there are bombings in the bedrooms of our allies in the Middle East and South Asia.
I have not been keeping up reading my friends' blogs, nor in my posting. Any feelings of amity are overwhelmed by the tsunami of bad karma that covers the city like a poorly chosen title for a "monster" success... like "Death Row Records" instead of "Motown"... reflections of despair.

I am afraid things are not going well, and there will be some unpleasantness.
Will I ever feel Arcadian again, and not just in short bursts of memory? Will we ever find our Golden Pond?



--

No comments: